Being a crafty can be beautifully solitary, working alone to
create pretty things is great. I have been known to have a little chat with
myself, talk to my money plant to get ideas and to shout at Jeremy Vine (sorry Jeremy). My
lovely little Radio 2 friends keep me company. My day begins with the lovely Zoe, a woman who makes me smile every morning, I
really love how I feel by the end of her show and she makes sure the school run is music and chat rather than shouting and tears.
Then we have cuddly Ken, I used to think he was as daft as a
brush but over the years I have found myself laughing at
the silly jokes and of course trying my hand at Popmaster (highest score of 27
and I got the year right). It’s like have a dappy old uncle chatting away to me
in the corner.
Then the mighty Jeremy. Two hours of radio which demands all
sorts of emotions. I’ve shouted, cried, turned the radio off (Nigel Farage),
learnt and laughed. I am now a blood donor because of Jeremy, I often think I
have the symptoms thanks to the lovely Doctor Sarah Jarvis and I love to hear
about that allotment in Wales. Now when 2 o clock comes around I do struggle a little and have been known to go all modern and listen to an occasional Podcast.
Steve Wright is reassuringly the same and it
feels like it’s been the same since 1989.
From the travel reports of 60 mile diversions in Scotland to
tracks of my years from random people. This all keeps me sane,
helps me feel like I’m part of something and has been known to get me dancing
around my workshop.
So while I say I am
making alone, I honestly feel like I am part of the Radio 2 massive. With everything going on in the world, the threat of self isolation and the CoronaVirus, many more people will be looking to the radio to keep them company. Being isolated and being alone can be a bit frightening, I know its all very bleak. But I'm sure my airwaves friends will be great to keep me informed, enlightened and very entertained.
No comments:
Post a Comment