Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a funny one. I'm sure when it first started life it was purely a celebration on love, a card sent from an admirer or a rose to say I love you. But as with everything else, its been taken over by the marketing money machine to sell chocolates, flowers, teddies, underwear (that's only if you're really lucky!) and even those huge padded cards that come in a box.

I've always wondered whether, as someone who makes and sells jewellery, I should jump on this flighty bandwagon. Have I sold my soul? Well it seems I may have, I'm not really on the level of Clintons or Interflora but I have tried to make it a bit funny and light. A little ditty written on Facebook with some pics and prices of my jewellery seemed to be a good way to enter the fray. Whether anyone sees it and thinks, I'll get her a bangle instead of a padded card remains to be seen.

Whatever you're doing for Valentine's Day, eating a meal together in an overcrowded restaurants full of people smiling lovingly at each other (whilst secretly thinking our relationship is better than yours). Or maybe you'll be heading to M&S for a cheeky meal deal for two, complete with Prosecco and chocolates so you can head home and get stuck into Netflix (The Stranger is brilliant btw).
Or maybe you'll be at home admiring your new Silver jewellery that you bought yourself because who needs this slushy piffle anyway.

Happy Valentine's Day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment